Organization of Korea Correctional Service (Headquarters)
Korea Correctional Service headquarters is comprised of eight divisions including Correctional Policy Bureau and Security Policy Bureau. There are four regional corrections headquarters (Seoul, Daegu, Daejon, Gwangju) and 53 correctional institutions including one private correctional institution.
Correctional Policy Bureau
General Affairs & Planning Division
- Planning for overall correctional administration, public relations, international cooperation.
- Human resource management, supervision, law review.
Vocational Training Division
- Managing in-prison manufacturing, production, and sales.
- Support vocational training for inmates.
Social Rehabilitation Division
- Reformation and education for inmates, correctional advisors, social treatment.
- Reformation broadcasting
- Budgeting, facility management.
- Feeding and clothing inmates.
Security Policy Bureau
- Planning for security works, visits, transfer of inmates, custody
- Emergency training, electronic security
Classification & Examination
- Classification of prisoners, private correctional institutions.
- Parole, petition for inmates, human rights of inmates.
Health Care Division
- Sanitation for inmates, medical treatment and medicine for inmates.
- Medical check-up for inmates, disease prevention for inmates.
Psychological Treatment Division
- Professional psychological treatment, staff mental health improvement.
- Education for sex offenders, child abusers, addictive behavioral inmates.
- Counseling for suicidal inmates.